Friday, October 7, 2016

My Experience of Being a Kpop Fangirl


Being a fangirl is not easy, how do I say so? Because I’m one of them. Based on my research the meaning of fangirl is a girl or woman who is an extremely or overly enthusiastic fan of someone or something. I always find my freedom by being a fangirl because I know to myself that It’s my life. It makes me happy every time, I guess everyone does too. Supporting my favorite group or bands you can’t blame me though. Screaming at the top of our lungs? Well that doesn’t make any difference, because fangirls always do that. I don’t care whatever they say, even if it’s not good to hear, besides people always judge with or without any reasons. For me “Fangirling” is being you. It always describe who you really are. I’ having too much “fangirling” into Kpop, and I’m proud to say that I’m stanning Kpop for six years.
    

   Kpop is Korean Music and consist of dancers, singers, rapper, and pretty faces. Also well known for its unique, extravagant, and eye-popping personalities. Kpop stars or “idols” as they are usually known in Asia but in 2010 up to present Kpop is also popular worldwide, Korea had a lot of advantages specially who are into Kpop or K-dramas because of them the sales of Korea and economy of Korea were increasing. Kpop stars have a knack for truly standing out from the crowd and taking self-expression to a new level. Yes, I will admit I can’t understand what they’re saying, we look stupid but who cares? It’s not based on what music were listening and language. And It’s not just base how beautiful voice and talent because we can’t understand what they’re saying. Despite of being a fangirl, Kpop change my boring lfe, because of them they really inspire me and too much there are some possibilities that you can’t focus on your studies. I have experience that I almost had a failing grades because of my fangirling but everything changes when I have read an article and my favorite group really inspired me that we need to balance of being a fan and a student they will be happy if we use this fangirling in a good way.

      Almost of the fangirls and fanboys were spending our hours in Social Media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram, Asianfanfics, Wattpad and many websites to entertain and tobe updated, with whom? Of course in my bias, who is perfect like you want to cuddle with hi or like you just saw his hand you know he is. I’m not being over acting but it’s like that, life is hard when you are a Kpop fan, first it’s hard to log-out in Twitter. Second, it’s hard to save money in merchandise. Lastly, it’s difficult to take along with studies and with your recreation. Even in exams your account was logged in and may tabs in your browser. And this is ridiculous, are you really going to search formulas or search pictures of your bias? HAHAHAHAHA. It comes naturally that some expressions of Koreans you’ll also adopt that expression like Aigoo (Oops), Jebal (Please), Aish (Oh no!) and other phrases and the time goes by you will memorize the alphabet and how to pronounce the words in Korean. And you will be surprised when you hear the Kpop it’s like natural like our national language, and it’s hard to believe that for me it’s natural even there are no subtitle I understand what they are saying.
    

  I will never ever forget nor regret and I’m proud that I am a fangirl of these Korean Boys that changes my life. For past six years and until now they still inspire me, because of them I have goal to finish my studies and get a good job someday I dedicate that for my family and for them. In my experiences that will have apart in my life, sometimes it makes you happy and excited and also an annoying fan and immature. I’d like to advise who are fangirls like me to be happy because of or our Idols and be responsible in your fangirling it causes some consequences, so you better to balance everything.

2 comments:

  1. Great job for standing your fangirl flag.
    I can pretty much relate to you, though. I'm a fanboy myself, but not with KPop. Though I have idolized some groups (I also have my bias), I'm not as avid as you are. Back when I was a teen, I'm a huge fan of the Jonas Brothers, Green Day, and Taylor Swift. But now, I still am a fan but with reserved and controlled emotions. However, if I see any of my idols one day on the street or even in the elevator, I might unleash my inner fanboy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So hi there! thanks for this wonderful speech and yeah as i see you're an army ..
    this helped me a lot because my English teacher asked me to write a speech about being a fan girl so do you mind if i'll get this as an inspiration or reference something?

    ReplyDelete